Thursday 16 May 2013

Barry M's Lipstick in 'Touch of Magic/ Magic Tom'

Today I'm reviewing Barry M's Touch Of Magic. I'm sure most of you have heard of it or know about it.It's definitely a favourite of mine and I love it so much. I know it's a lipstick but I would call it more of a lip stain as the colour stays on my lips for so long.


You've probably seen the colour and thought 'green lipstick' why would anyone wear that?! But this is where the fun part comes in. The lipstick works by changing colour depending on the alkaline levels on your lips. If you have a high alkaline level on your lips it will turn into a bright pink and if you have low alkaline levels on your lips it will be a paler pink. Because each person has a different alkaline level on their lips the colour varies and will suit almost everyone.


As you can see it turns into a bright fuchsia pink on my lips, it's a bit brighter in real life than camera is showing. If you want a subtle pink you only need one coat but if you want a bright intense colour you will have to apply a few coats. It does last a long time but you will have to reapply during the day/evening. It doesn't crack or bleed. The good thing about this lipstick is that's waterproof and it contains Aloe Vera, so it doesn't dry out the lips, win. Although, when it says waterproof it means waterproof it took me a while to get it off from my lips and hand.

I did try to swatch it on the back of my hand but it came out a really pale pink and my camera didn't pick the colour up

You can buy Barry M's Touch of Magic from Barry M's website, Superdrug and Boots. RRP £4.49

What do you think of this lipstick? 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment