Tuesday 1 April 2014

Current Skincare Routine

Hey guys, today's post is going to be about my updated skincare routine. So about a month ago my skin was like 'girlfriend I hate the skincare and makeup products you've been using so I'm going to be spotty and make your face red and blotchy', so I cut out the middleman, no makeup and no toning, spot treatment or serum and see if my skin recovered, and it did after about a week, I made sure that I was drinking enough and sleeping well, which I think I made the healing process speed up which was definitely a bonus. I only used a cleanser and a moisturiser as I still wanted to have some kind of routine but not as heavy duty as what I had before. 


So for cleanser I have been using the Garnier Fresh Essentials Refreshing Cleansing Lotion which you can buy from Boots and most supermarkets. I love this cleanser because it removes all traces of makeup even waterproof mascara and I find that it doesn't leave my eye area irritated at all, it smells amazing, very refreshing and isn't overpowering at all. I have also noticed that a lot of people have started to compliment my skin saying how clear it is which is such a relief after dealing with almost the worst skin for 2-3 weeks. The texture of this product is light and smooth which made application really easy(I put a blob on a cotton wool pad and then massage it onto my face, these pads from Boots are the best ones ever)



And for moisturiser I have been using the Simple Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser. I love this because it makes my skin feel so smooth. As with all of the Simple products it's odourless. It is thick and white but becomes colourless when applied onto the skin and it takes 3-4 minutes for it to sink into the skin. And if you have any dry patches this will work really well for you, as it provides such a deep moisturisation. 



What's your skincare routine?
Sam x

Facebook | Twitter | BlogLovin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment